oo post install setup failure

    Greetings:

I still don't see my post from yesterday evening in the archive.

I am now using an up to date unstable (Sid) box.  I added the two source
entries to my source file, and ran the update.  Next I used apt and installed
openoffice.org, and it pulled the dependency file that was missed during the
same attempt on my main Woody box a few evenings ago.

After the installation, I cd'd into:
Dir=/usr/lib/openoffice/program
Where I ran:
./setup

The splash screen came up, and I started the installation (already further
than the Woody attempt).  It created a new directory in my user directory.
Then a warning appears, saying it failed trying to copy an xpm to the new
directory.  This continues for some time, but then it started failing to move
non-xpm files.  I stopped and cancelled the install at that point.

I will check back in a night or two and see if there is a fix.

Will be great having a free office on these boxes!  Thanks so much.

tatah

ke6sls@arrl.net   c/o this addy for now