Re: [users] 1000 users: Windows install

Chris Halls wrote:
On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 03:43:41PM +0100, Manuel Segura wrote:

- What I need is to NOT ask a simple user to go through the menus of
the user specific installation part of openoffice.
Do you mean that using debian an openoffice as not to answer any question the first time he starts openoffice ?

The first time the user starts OOo, our wrapper script checks for a
~/.openoffice directory, and if this is not present it runs setup in
autoresponse mode.  In this way, the user does not have to answer any
questions at all.  Only if the user explicitly clicks on the 'setup' menu
item will they ever see the OOo setup screens.

Excuse me, I have just seen that this good work has been done in Debian.
Marvelous! Congratulations for this good work!

I have been told to use the packages from :
deb http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/ woody main contrib

When is it going into official Debian servers (testing or unstable) ?

Thanks
Manuel
Manuel Segura
ESCPI - CNAM