Re: OO Help and Locales

Hi Andreas, sorry for not responding earier to your questions.

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:46:36PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I found that changing locale to de_DE does solve the problem, that the
> help cannot be displayed (as in my earlier mail). If I only append a
> specific encoding, like ISO-8859-1 it doesn't work again (and normally I
> use UTF-8).
>
> I want to know if there is a workaround for this until the problem is
> fixed in the package or source code?

As far as I can tell, this will work better in the next version of the
packages.  For now, you can look where OOo is looking by using strace:

$ ( SAL_DEBUG=strace openoffice 2>&1 ) | grep ENOENT | grep help

When using LANG=de_DE.utf8 I see lines like:

access("/usr/lib/openoffice/help/de_DE.utf8", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

If you put a link from that directory to the real help directory, OOo should
find the help.  In this case, I would do:

$ sudo ln -s de /usr/lib/openoffice/help/de_DE.utf8

HTH,