Re: libstlport_gcc3.0.so.4.5: cannot open (was: Re: openoffice broken)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:14:05 +0100, Paul Cupis <paul@cupis.co.uk> wrote:

> As had been mentioned several times before (check the archives at
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice), you should downgrade
> libstlport4.5gcc3.0 to 4.5.3-3+woody (or whatever version you have available)
> instead of using the unfortunately versioned 4.5.3-5cjh2.
>
> You can find out what versions are available to you by running:
>
>   apt-cache show libstlport4.5gcc3.0 | grep Version
>
> and install it with
>
>   apt-get install libstlport4.5gcc3.0=4.5.3-3+woody
>
> (substituting whatever version is available to you.
>
> Also, you might consider upgrading to the latest openoffice.org package
> (1.0.1-5+woody.2 at the time of writing), which conflicts withe the
> troublesome libstlport package.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the openoffice mailing lists, so I never
saw the discussion, and I did look over the archives but didn't see
anything that looked relevant.

I downgraded to 4.5.3-3+woody. Openoffice is now working again and I
am in the process of upgrading to 1.0.1-5+woody.2. Thanks.

                                           Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.