Re: OpenOffice 1.0.1 and gcc 3.2

Dan Osterrath wrote:

> But after some hours I get the error
> Checking DLL ../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so ...: ERROR:
> ../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZTIN3ucb25ContentProviderImplHelpere dmake: Error code 3, while
> making '../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so' dmake:
> '../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so' removed. as you got, too.
> You mentioned that you got it compiled later. So what was the trick?

I've just been trying to compile the OpenOffice-1.0.1-5 deb on PPC,
and am getting this same error. You say on the webpage that patch 026
(the parallel builds one?) fixes this, but this is being applied
automatically by the debian/rules script.

Can you give me any pointers as to what the underlying cause of this
problem is so I can try and work it out.

I am using gcc-3.2, libc6-2.2.5-14, and binutils 2.13.90.0.4-1 ie. all
the latest ones out of unstable.

Thanks,

James

P.S. Sorry if this was answered in the last few days. I only just
subscribed, and there are a few days missing off the end of the
archives.