Re: OpenOffice 1.0.1 and gcc 3.2

Hi Dan,

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 03:32:39PM +0200, Dan Osterrath wrote:
> Checking DLL ../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so ...: ERROR:
> ../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZTIN3ucb25ContentProviderImplHelpere dmake: Error code 3, while making
> '../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so' dmake:
> '../unxlngppc.pro/lib/libucpchelp1.so' removed.
> as you got, too. You mentioned that you got it compiled later. So what was the
> trick?

It is a mismatch between some code that uses RTTI (run time type info) and
some that doesn't :-/  Older compilers (incorrectly) included the symbol,
but 3.2 fixes the bug that made these symbols be generated.

Removing the -fno-rtti from the compiler flags in solenv/inc/unxlngi4.mk
enables rtti for all modules, and the missing symbols are available.

-CFLAGSCXX= -fsigned-char -pipe -fno-for-scope -fpermissive -fno-rtti
+CFLAGSCXX= -fsigned-char -pipe -fno-for-scope -fpermissive

> PS: No, the LFS mailinglist and even the author of the hint have no idea.

Could you forward this info on?  I announced it on the OOo developers
mailing list but I guess they don't read it.