Re: hello

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 02:14, Jurgen Weber wrote:

> I used apt-get today and it updated my open office.
> this is the command/site I have in my sources.list
> deb http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice/ testing main contrib
>
> and of course I downloaded the latest update of openoffice today of that
> site. when I completed an apt-get update, apt-get upgrade
>
> now, openoffice does nto load at all in ne way shape or form...
> I was wonderifn if you could help me thier. :)

Were there any error messages?  You may have to start openoffice from an
xterm to see them.

Since I have a similar setup and experienced a similar problem, so the
following might help you.

The error message I saw indicated that libstlport_gcc3.0.so.4.5 was
missing.  Looking in /usr/lib/, I saw that there was a
libstlport_gcc_3.0.so.4.5 (note the extra underscore), so I made a link
from that to the one openoffice was looking for, and now openoffice
works just fine again.

# ln -s /usr/lib/libstlport_gcc_3.0.so.4.5 /usr/lib/libstlport_gcc3.0.so.4.5

(should be all one line)

My system has a couple different copies of libstlport installed, so be
sure to check what you have installed first, and make the link to the
closest one.

HTH,

--
Stephen Ryan                                        Debian GNU/Linux
Technology Coordinator