PyUNO, scripting oo with python, anyone interested?

I saw this nice package called PyUNO at
  http://polysorbate.org/?work/pyuno
(I am quoting:)
  PyUNO is a Python module that allows you to use OpenOffice.org's UNO
  objects as if they were Python objects.
The licence is LGPL.

I wonder if anyone else on this list migth be interested in PyUNO.
What do people on this list think about it? Maybe eventually making
a pyuno debian pkg?

I have not really had too much time yet to have a closer look at it
(and I might not have the time in the future either). So far I
can see this: The built requirements are at least ODK (== Office
Development Kit) - a debian oo build-tree should be fine. When
following the steps in the README one is supposed to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH and first try to compile the c++ examples. I
have found the appropriate directories in my build-tree as follows
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.../build-tree/oo_1.0.1_src/product/unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/linux/lib
  export PATH=$PATH:.../build-tree/oo_1.0.1_src/product/unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/linux/bin
still had some difficulties though compiling the c++ examples in
  .../build-tree/oo_1.0.1_src/product/unxlngi4.pro/bin/udk3.0.1/examples

Andreas