Re: Dictionaries

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 02:50:50PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Anyways, how do you think should this work?

OK, for the benefit of those on the list we just thrashed this out on IRC.
We'd like to do the following:

 * openoffice.org Suggests: openoffice.org-spellcheck

 * Each language pack Suggests: openoffice.org-spellcheck-<lang>
   where <lang> is de, fr, en etc..

 * Where this is only one dictionary for a language (-fr?), that will be
   called openoffice.org-spellcheck-<lang> and provide -spellcheck

 * Where there are several dictionaries, they will be called e.g. -de-de and
   -de-ch, and each will provide -spellcheck-de and -spellcheck

 * The special case of -de-de also providing the Austrian dictionary will be
   openoffice.org-spellcheck-de-de Provides: -spellcheck-de-at.

Phew!  Why so complicated?  We want to support the following scenarios:

 - A user installs openoffice.org and is looking for dictionaries, so all
   dicts Provides: -spellcheck.

 - A user installs a language pack, so we Suggests: dictionaries for that
   language and the dictionaries use Provides: -spellcheck-<lang>

 - A user knows exactly which language to install and tries to install using
   the dictionary name:

   e.g. apt-get openoffice.org-spellcheck-de-at.

Jerome, how does that sound to you for French?