Re: Dictionaries

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 09:27:21PM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> I'm also interested in making the French version, but I wonder if we
> should not make an automated system which could make *any* spell-checker
> instead?

Yes, I think that would be a _very_ good idea. :)

> What would be the problem?

None.  I'm not sure if they should all go in one source package, because
they could change at different times, but it is maybe easier that way to
manage and worth the extra size of source package uploads for simplicity for
the maintainership.

> I put an eye on the DE version, and don't seen much "specialities"
> (though there are because it supports de_CH, de_DE, and another one).

Rene 'generates' the Australian dictionary by copying the German one,
although I think the same thing could be achieved by adding two lines to
dictionary.lst for the one dictionary.