Re: building langpack debs?

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 02:54:22AM +0200, Andreas Reuleaux wrote:
> How do I actually build one of the language packs
> as a .deb package
>   openoffice.org-l10n-en.deb  ...-de.deb etc.
> (or at least install one of them from src)?
>
> I have so far successfully built the oo binaries
>   openoffice.org-bin_1.0.1-1_i386.deb
>   openoffice.org_1.0.1-1_all.deb

Uh, I must've broken something :(  Normally the langpacks are built with the
other .debs.

>         dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot

On my machine, that would have made langpacks too :-/

> I can even see that within my openoffice.org-1.0.1/debian
> directoy there are a whole bunch of language pack directories
> (I guess as a result of the new langpack target in debian/rules)

The langpack target was purely a way of making it easier to make minor
modifications to the packaging without having to wait for the unpack process
every time.

The end of the process looks like this:

setup    - Run OOo network install from the instsetoo directory,
           installing to debian/tmp

install  - Copy files from tmp into the correct locations for the
           final package layout in debian/openoffice.org and
	   debian/openoffice.org-bin, and make adjustments to file paths,
	   desktop files etc.

langpack - Extract language-specific files from the language instsetoo
	   directories and move into the langpack directories
	   debian/openoffice.org-l10n-XX

binary-arch  - Build openoffice.org-bin package

binary-indep - Build non-archspecific packages: openoffice.org and the
               language packs

You can also generate a single package with the command:

   fakeroot debian/rules binary-<packagename>

e.g. fakeroot debian/rules binary-openoffice.org-l10n-en

will generate a specific .deb.  But normally you should have generated those
.debs already.  Maybe there is a problem with the control file.  Do you see
langpacks listed in debian/control?