building langpack debs?

Hi,

How do I actually build one of the language packs
as a .deb package
  openoffice.org-l10n-en.deb  ...-de.deb etc.
(or at least install one of them from src)?

I have so far successfully built the oo binaries
  openoffice.org-bin_1.0.1-1_i386.deb
  openoffice.org_1.0.1-1_all.deb
by
  (1) apt-get source openoffice.org
  (2) stepping in the directory with
        cd openoffice.org-1.0.1
      and doing a
        dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot

I also do understand that the same source can
be used to build the language packs (as was previously
pointed out on this list)

I can even see that within my openoffice.org-1.0.1/debian
directoy there are a whole bunch of language pack directories
(I guess as a result of the new langpack target in debian/rules)

But how can these directories be used to make a .deb (or at
least to install one of those language packs)?

Thanks in advance,
  Andreas