Re: openoffice problem identified!

Jan,
   Good news...bad news. The good news is that using the copy of
openoffice.org_1.0.1-1_all.deb from your build machine at
http://bourbaki.math.uni-kiel.de/~jpalic/OpenOffice.org/
I am able to run openoffice.org 1.0.1 using the remaining packages
that I already had installed. The bad news is when I use the
intel build of openoffice.org_1.0.1-1_all.deb and substitute the
files..

/usr/lib/openoffice/program/bootstraprc
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/instdb.ins

from your ppc build of openoffice.org_1.0.1-1_all.deb that this
is insufficient to fix the problem. I'll keep looking and see
if I can find the offending file here. However I wonder if
using all.deb on openoffice.org is a very good idea. We should
check with Kevin Hendricks to see what level of checks are built
into OpenOffice with regard to checking the files installed at
run-time. We need to be careful that we don't tickle anything that
might be checking the integrity of the oo installation at run-time
by mixing files from different builds this way.
                          Jack