Font handling in new 1.0.1

With the new version, all applications EXCEPT for Writer can see any font
that the X server can see.  Writer, on the other hand, can only see a small
selection of fonts, plus some TTF's I added with spadmin.

Maybe I'm an idiot... feel free to tell me so... but is that the way it's
supposed to work?  Is Writer only supposed to be able to see the fonts I
add explicitly, while all the other parts of the suite can see everything?

I coulda sworn it didn't work this way with 1.0.1rc3, but I usually use
Calc, not Writer. :(

Help!

--
Marc Wilson