Re: GNOME integration

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:34:32AM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> I worked today a lot on GNOME integration of OpenOffice.org.

Hi Jerome,

There is Gnome and KDE integration built into upstream already.  The problem
was that the user setup was duplicating icons and menu files into the user
directory trees, and some of it in the wrong places.  I disabled that
completely in -3 until it could be looked at, so that the user installation
would be cleaner and not produce lots of error messages and cruft.

Since then I have seen that Gwenole (the Mandrake packager) has found a
better way of stopping this by modifying the instdb.ins after the first
setup run, which I intend to do too fairly soon.

> On some installations, I found /usr/share/mime-info/openoffice.org*
> files but they seem useless. Where do they come from?

I would guess they come from an older package that did not have the
integration disabled.

> By the way, I think openoffice.org should depend upon "mime-support",
> because it uses it in "postinst".

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that.