Re: building on testing

Il Sunday 07 April 2002, alle 23:57, Jan-Hendrik Palic ha scritto:
> Hi Claudio ...
>
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 10:06:50AM +0200, Claudio Bandaloukas wrote:
> >I am having problems compiling oo.o under debian testing.
> >the problems seem to be glibc related.
>
> I think, they are not glibc related ... they are gcc includes related

You're right! I caught the bloody thing! (runs around the room howling
like a madman ;-)

The problem was not the way configure found includes!
The problem was that JAVA_HOME was set to /usr! (I have sun's jdk
installed under /usr/local/sun/jdk, but I use symlinks as described in
the debian java policy)
This caused /usr/include to be included before
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/3.0.4/include

Solution: put the java include paths after gcc specific paths, or use
the with-jdk-home option (but what can on do if /usr IS the right path?)

> >I am having these problems:
> >when I try to bootstrap oo.o (all build numbers/cvs OOO_STABLE_1) I
> >can't build the expat library in external (I tried both with gcc 2.95
> >and 3.0.3 as found in testing)
> >I am getting errors with size_t
>
> I had this too, since I was playing around with gcc3  in sid. Configure
> was not able to find the gcc3-include dir, I was questioned where to
> find it, by configure. At gcc 2.95, I had no problem with it.

that wasn't much of a problem in testing, configure found 3.0.4 right
away

> Perhaps, installing both compilers on one system is sometimes a problem
> ... so try out to deinstall one compiler....
I tried this but that didn't work, thanks anyway :-)

--
Claudio Bandaloukas