Fwd: Re: [tools-dev] IDL questions

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Sander Vesik <Sander.Vesik@Sun.COM> -----

From: Sander Vesik <Sander.Vesik@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:07:50 +0100 (BST)
To: dev@tools.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [tools-dev] IDL questions

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Magosanyi Arpad wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have lotsa questions about IDL. Can anyone answer them?
> Bernhard said that I should ask here.

[big snip]

Ok, a couple of (semi-)answers:
	* the idl fiels are *NOT* corba idl files, but instead UNO idl
	  files. there is a difference
	* the urd files are generated from the idl files, but in turn, the
	  urd files aer merged into .rdb files. There is a thing called
	  binary type library that is needed and used during run time,
	  please take a look at the udk.openoffice.org website for a
	  description. The final part of merging is (iirc) done in the
	  drafts module.
	* Additionaly, header files corresponding to the idl files are
	  generated from the merged database (applicat.rdb) in the offuh
	  module. This is a lot of header files corresponding to various
	  interfaces provided by various components implemented by various
	  parts of the codebase.

This is a part of the codebase that does not play all the nicely with the
overly naive assumptions made by the gnu packaging/build tools.

> --
> GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból

	Sander

I haven't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed.