Re: Rename master branch to main

Le vendredi 06 août 2021 à 18:11 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> Please, check the octave-brain2mesh repository and let me know if there
> are any problems. If everything is okay, I will launch the script and
> update all the repos.

Thanks for updating all the repos.

I did a few further cleanups:

— deleted master branch of octave-optiminterp, which was left behind
for some unknown reason

— renamed the codename branches (buster, buster-backports, …) of octave
and dynare, to follow DEP-14 (debian/buster, debian/buster-backports).
I did not adapt debian/gbp.conf, this will have to be done later if
those branch get further updates. Note that you will also have to
update your local repositories manually (git fetch --prune, then git
branch --set-upstream-to=…)

— fixed debian/gbp.conf in dh-octave (this is a native package)

— my impression is that DEP-14 encourages us to rename debian/stretch-
backports to simply “stretch-backports” in the case of dh-octave, since
this is a native package. But I’m not 100% sure.

— there are branches that I don’t know how to adapt to DEP-14:
  — 3.8 and 4.2 branches in octave repository. Those were short-lived,
used to store a single upload in each case. Should we rename them to
debian/3.8 and debian/4.2? or delete them? (the tags would still
remain)
  — the “hg” and “upstream-hg” branches of octave-odepkg. I don’t know
their purpose

— the octave-pkg-dev repository got branch renames (including a new
upstream/latest which does not make sense since this is a native
package). Actually this package has been removed in 2018, and it got
several updates since. I guess this is an overlook, due to the fact
that you use an automated tool

Thanks,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot