Re: Help packaging an octave toolbox

On 6/17/20 3:04 PM, Qianqian Fang wrote:
On 6/17/20 6:12 AM, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
Welcome aboard!

You should transfer your repositories into the DOG group at Salsa.d.o. (but see my remark below, first).

You should absolutely adapt your packages for using git-buildpackage: https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit

another follow up question - my .dsc file was generated using a modified upstream tarball as the orig.tar.gz, such as moving .m files to inst/ or renaming LICENSE* to COPYING etc, see the commands for one of the packages:

https://salsa.debian.org/fangq/jsonlab/-/blob/master/README.md

is this acceptable as the "upstream" branch in the gbp created repo? or "upstream" must store exactly the same files as in the upstream tarball (such as the released source code tarball on github)?

thanks

hi Rafael

thanks! a quick follow up questions - I followed the git workflow and used "gbp import-dsc /path/to/.dsc" and created a format-conforming local repo, but when I typed "git push", it failed with the below message

fangq@invocation:~/space/git/Temp/pkg/octave-jsonlab$ git push
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: GitLab:
remote: A default branch (e.g. master) does not yet exist for pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab
remote: Ask a project Owner or Maintainer to create a default branch:
remote:
remote:   https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab/-/project_members
remote:
To salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab.git'

the octave-jsonlab repo was created moments ago under pkg-octave-team.

I must have missed something, can you point me to the section how to go from there?

Qianqian

Best,