Re: Help packaging an octave toolbox

On 6/11/20 2:39 AM, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
* Qianqian Fang <fangqq@gmail.com> [2020-06-11 02:13]:

Take a look at libgdf: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libgdf

thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I made some edits according to the examples in libgdf, the updated package can be found at

https://mentors.debian.net/package/zmat

There are two remaining problems that I would like to get some inputs.

1. it gives me an error "missing-dependency-on-libc", although I've already included "${shlibs:Depends}" in my octave-zmat package, the debuild command reports the below warning

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package octave-zmat: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}

however, it did not have such issue when building libzmat1 package where ${shlibs:Depends} was also used.

2. in the Fedora package I created for this package, I dynamically create the COPYING/DESCRIPTION/INDEX files during the package setup, see

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/octave-zmat/blob/master/f/octave-zmat.spec#_28

I am wondering what is the best place for me to add these commands?

thanks

Qianqian

Best,

Rafael Laboissière