Re: Help packaging an octave toolbox

On 6/11/20 3:09 PM, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
I am afraid you will have to use debhelper compatibility level at least 11 in order to get the correct dependency on libc.  Note that, if you bump the compat level, you will have to get rid of the build-arch rule in debian/rules.

By the way, I *strongly* recommend that you use debhelper compatibility level 13.

thanks Rafael.

my desktop is actually a Ubuntu 18.04 box, and I was able to install debhelper compat 12 package, but 13 has some issues, so I changed my control file to use 12. the libc issue is now gone.

my updated package can be found on mentors: https://mentors.debian.net/package/zmat

Perhaps in override_dh_auto_configure?

I decided to add those files directly in the modified orig tarball, via my script in the README of this repo

https://salsa.debian.org/fangq/libzmat

I hope this is an acceptable solution. I had some trouble using heredoc inside the Makefile/rules.

just a few short follow up questions:

In the created octave package, I don't see the INDEX/DESCRIPTION files. here is my installation script, I am wondering if I missed anything to install this properly

https://salsa.debian.org/fangq/libzmat/-/blob/zmat/rules#L35

also, do I need to do anything in addition to set the file permissions (.m, .mex and docs)?

thanks a lot!

Qianqian

Best,

Rafael Laboissière