Re: Removing get-orig-source target

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2018-04-14 23:48]:

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 08:59:51PM +0200, Rafael Laboissière wrote:

These are the current commands in the get-orig-source targets of the relevant packages:

dynare: uscan --force-download --rename --destdir .

octave: uscan --force-download --rename --destdir .

octave-ltfat: uscan --verbose --force-download --repack --compression=xz

octave-tsa: uscan --verbose --force-download --repack-compression xz

(Note that the rule for octave-tsa is buggy.)

Options "repack" and "compression" can be put into opts in debian/watch. However, this is not the case for options "force-download", "rename", "destdir", and "verbose".

What is the use of "--destdir ."?

It's because by default uscan stores the tarball in the directory above (".."), while get-orig-source was mandating to use the current directory (".").

I think you can just drop these rules, without any further modifications. We were already using uscan directly anyways.

Ok, I removes the get-orig-source targets form the four packages. In order to mimic the previous behavior, users will have to specify options --rename, --destdir, --force-download, and --verbose by hand.