Re: Value of the Maintainer field

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2018-01-11 11:15]:

We are almost in a position to decide what to put in the Maintainer field of our package. There are two options:

1) debian-octave@lists.debian.org This is basically the same scheme as before, with a new list email address. In particular, all DAK and BTS notifications will go to the list.

2) team+pkg-octave-team@tracker.debian.org This type of alias has been recently implemented in distro-tracker. For the moment, email sent to that address go to /dev/null, but this is only temporary (ultimately, mail will probably go to people subscribed to the team at tracker.d.o, with some appropriate keyword).

The advantage of 1) is simplicity and continuity. The advantage of 2) is that each one of us can more finely tune which DAK/BTS messages (and for which packages) he/she wants to receive.

What is your preference? I don't have a strong opinion, though I may be slightly more inclined to opt for 2).

My vote is for option 2.