Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] New upload of octave-pkg-dev with autopkgtest capabilites

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2017-09-01 17:04]:

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 04:52:41PM +0200, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2017-09-01 15:55]:

[snip]

- and add the "Testsuite: autopkgtest" header in all the git repositories (but no need to upload the packages right now).

Ok, this means that, in order to have things going, for each one of our packages we have to do a "manual" action, either asking for whitelisting or uploading a new version with the "Testsuite: autopkgtest" header.

Indeed, and I was not aware of that before starting this discussion. This makes the autodep8 approach a little less appealing, but I think it is still better than adding a debian/tests/control to all our files, because it means less duplicated code, and if for some reason we want to change the test infrastructure, it will be possible to do it in a single place.

Yes, I agree with this.

Alsoe note that this manual action is only needed for having our packages tested by ci.debian.net. It is not needed for locally testing our packages (an updated autodep8 is enough).

This is the ultimate goal, at any rate. So, we should add the Testsuite header to every OF package containing unit tests.

[snip]

Yes, this a undoubtedly a better approach, but it will take an extra time until I (or someone else) make autodep8 Octave-aware.

Hopefully this should be straightforward, given that you already implemented most of the infrastructure.

Indeed, it is.

The only downside IMO is that we are now dependent on the reactivity of the autodep8 maintainers (but I guess they will be happy to integrate our patch).

autodep8 is maintained under collab-maint. Any DD has the appropriate access rights to the Git repository. Getting the patch accepted should not be a big deal.