Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] New upload of octave-pkg-dev with autopkgtest capabilites

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2017-09-01 12:20]:

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 10:11:46AM +0200, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
With my last commits, the make-octave-forge-debpkg script of the
octave-pkg-dev package creates now the debian/test/* files needed for
running autopkgtest.

Also, in this version, the make-octave-forge-debpkg script only creates files if they do not exist yet. This will help us to easily update all the OF package.

Did you investigate the possibility of adding support for Octave packages into autodep8? That would avoid the need of manually adding the tests in all octave-* packages.

I did not investigate autodep8 in depth, but the current version of the make-octave-forge-debpkg script in Git does a similar job. This avoids adding "manually" the debian/tests/* files. And it works also on already debianized packages.