Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] First try on autopkgtest for OF packages

Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2017-08-26 22:14]:

[snip]

I think there is another issue: the testing code creates temporary files in the current directory. But this is not allowed (/usr/share/doc/autopkgtest/README.package-tests.rst.gz says that there may be no write access to the directory of the source tree).

Thanks for raising the issue, I was not aware of it. I will take a look at that.

My final concern is about the *.m files that are actually tested. If the source tree has not been built, then the test routines rightly test the files under /usr/share/octave. But if the source tree is built, then it tests files under debian/ (see the addpath in check-pkg).

Actually, it tests now the *.m files under inst/, as in version 1.4.6 of octave-pkg-dev (see my commit e3e12be). Anyway, this has no incidence on the issue you are raising.

It is not clear to me whether autopkgtest may execute or not in a built tree, but this needs to be checked.

I guess that autopkgtest is designed to be run in both situations, but I am not sure. At any rate, the automatic tests reported on ci.d.o seem to be run from non-built source trees.