Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Manpages for octave-cli and octave-gui

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> [2014-01-02 10:28]:

However, there will be still octave-cli installed into bin. Since the Debian Policy requires that every program in /usr/bin/ have a man page, I kept the octave-cli.1.gz link and patched the octave.1 man page to read:

 DESCRIPTION
      Octave  is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical com‐
      putations.  It provides convenient command  line  (octave-cli  command)
      and  graphical  user (octave command) interfaces for solving linear and
      nonlinear problems numerically.

Would this change be appropriate for the upstream sources?

The text above clearly does not reflect the situation of the final 3.8.0 release, since the octave command launches the CLI. I am right now working on a more accurate text.