Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] liboctave-dev insists on serial version of the hdf5 library

Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> writes:

> * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien.villemot@ens.fr> [2012-08-10 18:50]:
>
>> Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> writes:
>>
>> > I am failing to replicate the above with the patch that you sent today.
>> > When I install the patched version of the packages, liboctave1 still
>> > depends on libhdf5-7, which conflicts with libhdf5-openmpi-7, and that
>> > prevents the installation of libhdf5-openmpi-dev.  I am surely missing
>> > something here.
>>
>> libhdf5-openmpi-7 provides libhdf5-7, so you just uninstall the latter
>> and install the former.
>>
>> Then you will be able to co-install libhdf5-openmpi-dev and the patched
>> liboctave-dev.
>
> Ok, thank, it works.
>
> At any rate, it is a pity that in order to replace libhdf5-7 by
> libhdf5-openmpi-7 we need to remove octave first.  If would be better it
> this could be I.

I was able to do the switch with aptitude (in interactive mode) without
uninstalling octave. It is also possible with aptitude on the command
line using the resolver. But it indeed looks impossible with apt-get.

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Maintainer