Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] liboctave-dev insists on serial version of the hdf5 library

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien.villemot@ens.fr> [2012-08-10 18:50]:

> Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> writes:
>
> > I am failing to replicate the above with the patch that you sent today.
> > When I install the patched version of the packages, liboctave1 still
> > depends on libhdf5-7, which conflicts with libhdf5-openmpi-7, and that
> > prevents the installation of libhdf5-openmpi-dev.  I am surely missing
> > something here.
>
> libhdf5-openmpi-7 provides libhdf5-7, so you just uninstall the latter
> and install the former.
>
> Then you will be able to co-install libhdf5-openmpi-dev and the patched
> liboctave-dev.

Ok, thank, it works.

At any rate, it is a pity that in order to replace libhdf5-7 by
libhdf5-openmpi-7 we need to remove octave first.  If would be better it
this could be avoided.