[Pkg-octave-devel] Contributing to the DOG

[moving this thread into pkg-octave-devel, where it belongs]

* Francesco Potorti` <Potorti@isti.cnr.it> [2008-10-22 09:43]:

> >This makes me wonder: woudln't you be willing to join the Debian Octave
> >Group and help us in developing the packages, Francesco?
>
> I am thinking about it.  The first answer that comes to mind is that I
> am available to give a hand to handle specific tasks.  For example, if
> you ask me to manage the inclusion of an info file in the octave-fixed
> package, I can try to do that.  Same for similar things.  In general I
> am good at using Unix tools but I have little spare time.  However,
> since in this period I am heavily using Octave, I can spare some of that
> time to help managing it for Debian.

I do not know how familiar you are with the Debian packaging tools, but
knowing them is a necessary condition for working on the packages.  If you
think you are able (and have time) to tackle this, them you will be fully
welcome to our group.  At least, you could help us to fix the numerous bugs
you filed against the DOG packages. :-)