Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] optim package from octave-forge to go in Lenny?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> wrote:
* Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> [2008-06-11 11:43]:

> Am Mittwoch, den 11.06.2008, 11:09 +0200 schrieb Michael Creel:
> > Hi again,
> > I was persusing the archives of this list, and I saw that some o-f
> > packages are going into Lenny. One of them, the octave-econometrics
> > package, is my work. I'm happy to see it go into Lenny, but it
> > requires some functions that are in the o-f optimization package (in
> > particular, bfgsmin), which doesn't seem to be going in. Are there
> > plans to put that into Lenny?
>
> Yes. We had some licensing troubles, with missing sources and
> unmentioned copyright holders in debian/copyright.

BTW, Michael, could you please tell us who are the copyright holders and
which are the release years and licensing conditions of doc/mintoolkit.lyx?
We need this information in order to release the octave-optim Debian
package.

--
Rafael

Hi Rafael,
I'm the author, and looking at the file, it seems like I neglected to copyright it. Actually, that file is out of date, as is the corresponding pdf file, and should probably just be removed. I tried to remove it from o-f back when o-f was on CVS, but I couldn't get rid of it (if my memory serves me). I'll try now to remove it from SVN. Otherwise, I'm happy to license it GPL or the GNU free document license, whatever is easiest. I'll do this and the dependency thing for econometrics package now.
Cheers, Michael