Re: Liquidsoap and Ocaml Audio Libraries

Hi,

On 2021/11/28 21:27, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
Hi,

Le 28/11/2021 à 19:58, Kyle Robbertze a écrit :
I am busy working on getting Liquidsoap v2 uploaded. This is a major new
release that requires updates to many of the audio libraries Liquidsoap
depends on. These changes are not compatible with Liquidsoap v1
currently in unstable, so I am staging it in experimental.

More generally, there are many OCaml packages that are not up-to-date in
unstable:

https://salsa.debian.org/ocaml-team/opam-debian-switch/-/blob/master/newer-in-opam.txt

I've been updating them for the last few days.

Anyone interested in helping is welcome to do so. Can any audio library
updates (that are dependencies of liquidsoap) please be uploaded to
unstable until Liquidsoap v2 is in unstable?

I've updated and uploaded many such packages.

I've also updated ocaml-{opus,speex,theora,vorbis} locally, but have not
yet pushed or uploaded them, waiting for ocaml-ogg (>= 0.7.0) to reach
the mirrors.

Please upload them to experimental as to not break liquidsoap in unstable (it will typically FTBFS). I hope to have a working liquidsoap package in the next couple weeks. It also depends on many of the newer packages that will need uploading beforehand (ocaml-ffmpeg in particular). My plan is to spend some more time on this during the coming week.

Cheers
Kyle

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀