Re: camomile / ocaml-gettext bootstrap?

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 08:41:20AM +0200, Kyle Robbertze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2019/01/18 18:40, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> > Le 17/01/2019 à 18:40, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> >> looking at
> >> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/406613479/buildlog_ubuntu-disco-amd64.ocaml-gettext_0.3.7-1build5_BUILDING.txt.gz
> >>
> >> there seems to be a cyclic dependency for camomile / ocaml-gettext. Any idea how
> >> to resolve that?
> >
> > ocaml-gettext depends on camomile, but camomile doesn't seem to depend
> > on ocaml-gettext.
> >
> > The error you're showing is ocaml-gettext not detecting camomile whereas
> > camomile is installed. I guess this is due to the new version of
> > camomile that Kyle recently uploaded...?
>
> Currently camomile in unstable FTBS due to #918562 and #918563. I am
> still waiting for porter-box access to try debug the issue, but I
> haven't heard anything since I submitted it about 3 weeks ago. If
> someone is able to try debug the issue on bytecode architectures and
> power-pc that would be amazing. The latest packaging is on salsa [1]

the input file on which camomilelocaledef fails, zh__PINYIN.mar, is
almost double the size of the other files on which it succeeds.
So if you can somehow increase the the stack size (say, 2x or better 4x)
than that might do the trick.

There probably is somewhere a recursion that should be turned
tail-recursive in case you really want to dive into the code.

If you have a patch I can test it on a porter machine.

-Ralf.