Re: Intent to NMU camomile to fix longstanding l10n bugs

Hi Helge,

On 2018/12/23 13:28, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello Kyle,
>>> Please note that I had to fiddle a little with the build environment
>>> to get the translated man pages to actually build and installed, I can
>>> send you the detailed changes if you would like to do a MU (or push i
>>> t into a VCS if you tell me the location).
>> I did too, eventually just resorting to writing the man pages directly
>> without using xml.
>
> I actually have it working *with* xml, I can send you the changes. I
> suggest keeping it this way, as this contains more information.  (I
> have lots of other packages also using an xml based workflow just
> fine).
>
> If you go for plaintext, what did you do about 758118 and 865968, i.e.
> the translated man pages? (This was my main motivation).

I used the manpage LANG extension support. i.e. camomilecharmap.de.1,
camomilecharmap.pt.1, etc. You can see the updated package in the git
repo [1]. Please do send me the XML changes you made, as just changing
translation files would definitely be preferable and easier to maintain.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/ocaml-team/camomile

Cheers
Kyle