Re: Preparation of the transition to OCaml 4.05.0: status update

Stéphane Glondu:
> [..]
>
> The following packages were built with a version more recent than in unstable: ocaml findlib camlp4 ocamlbuild labltk menhir tophide.

I just pushed my updates to ocamlbuild findlib camlp4 to git. I delayed uploading them in order to fix the other-arch FTBFS for ocaml in experimental first, but I probably should have pushed them to git earlier to avoid duplicated work. They are the same as what's distributed in my people.debian.org APT repo.

I'm afraid we might get a lot of FTBFS on kfreebsd-* when we finally do the transition for real. We got a lot of test failures due to dup3/pipe2 not being implemented:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ocaml&arch=kfreebsd-amd64&ver=4.05.0-1&stamp=1500307585&raw=0
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ocaml&arch=kfreebsd-i386&ver=4.05.0-1&stamp=1500309622&raw=0

This includes regressions in old passing tests, as well as failing new tests. My guess is that upstream tweaked some things to use dup3/pipe2 instead. Unfortunately these are not available on Debian kfreebsd-*, see #827935 for related discussion. I've disabled these tests so that the ocaml package still builds, but the underlying problem still remains.

> [..]

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git