Re: on the 30 FTBFS bugs - let's slow down a bit

Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> - the removal of the backward compatibility link on the CDBS snippet
>   from class/ocaml.mk to rules/ocaml.mk

Note that most of the bugs related to that were already fixed in git...
but I forgot to preemptively fix vanishing of ocamldoc-api-ref-config,
indeed.

> - the fact that dh_ocaml is (1) executed by default by ocaml.mk (CDBS)
>   and (2) not avoidable

A FTBFS caused by just running dh_ocaml on an "unprepared" package
reveals (most of the time) bugs that should be solved anyway.

For most of packages, dh_ocaml being called automatically by cdbs
shouldn't be a problem.

> That would enable to migrate bit by bit to dh_ocaml as initially
> planned.

I think this is still possible. We have over 100 packages, and only 30
trivially-fixable FTBFSes.

> [...] but notice that if we discover some
> bigger issue later on, we would have to backtrack in a more painful
> manner. [...]

I am still afraid of that...

Stéphane