Re: mldonkey compile on debian 5.0.1

Patrick Ru wrote:
> *Dears:*
> **

Your email is unreadable due to these lines with stars.
It is really awful! Can't you get rid of them?

> *  Step:*
> **
> *I am install debian with debian-501-i386-netinst.iso.*
> *then:*
> *apt-get install mldonkey-server -y*
> *It will install the mlnet (version:2.9.5) to /usr/bin with size about 4Mb. and
> will install mldonkey-server to /etc/init.d/ and other config file.*
> **
> *but if I do:*
> *apt-get install ssh telnet -y
> apt-get install gcc g++ make patch locales -y
> apt-get install autoconf bzip2 libbz2-dev ocaml ocaml-native-compilers
> zlib1g-dev m4 libgd2-xpm libgd2-xpm-dev libmagic-dev mime-support -y
> wget
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mldonkey/mldonkey_2.9.5.orig.tar.gz*
> *wget
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mldonkey/mldonkey_2.9.5-2+lenny1.diff.gz*
> *tar -zxvf mldonkey_2.9.5.orig.tar.gz*
> *gunzip mldonkey_2.9.5-2+lenny1.diff.gz*
> *cd mldonkey_2.9.5*
> *patch -p1 -N < ../mldonkey_2.9.5-2+lenny1.diff*
> *./configure*
> *make
> It will compile a mlnet file with size more the 8Mb. *

Did you strip the produced binary?
(man strip)

> *If I use :*
> ./configure \
> --enable-gui \
> --enable-directconnect \
> --disable-magic \
> --disable-fasttrack
> *after compile, the mlnet file also has about 8Mb.*

Did you strip the produced binary?

> *what is the differen with the install using apt-get?*
> **

One difference is that binaries in Debian packages are usually stripped.

> *after compile, what command/script can I use to install the mldonkey-server to
> the system or other machine? must I make the deb pack?*
> **

Better is to install to Debian package produced as I told you in my last
email.

Cheers,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي