Re: mldonkey compile on debian 5.0.1

Patrick Ru wrote:
> *Dears:*
> **
> *I have install the mldonkey in debian 5.0.1 by apt-get install mldonkey-server,
> and the version is 2.9.5. and the mlnet file size is about 4Mb.*
> **
> *but if I download the source code from
> _http://packages.debian.org/zh-cn/lenny/mldonkey-server_ , and compile:*
> *1. why the size is up to 9Mb?*

I assume that it depends on how you configured mldonkey. In the debian
package, we usually do:

./configure \
	--enable-gui \
	--enable-directconnect \
	--disable-magic \
	--disable-fasttrack

If you are on a native-ocaml-architecture (probably i386 or amd64), You
also have to strip the binaries.

> *2. how to install same as use apt-get after compile? (include the
> mldonkey-server script eg. and the mlnet location: /usr/bin)*
> **
> *And if I download the 3.0.0-2 from
> http://packages.debian.org/zh-cn/sid/mldonkey-server, how to compile (with small
> size) and install?*
> * *

To compile the package as we do:
- dget -x
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mldonkey/mldonkey_3.0.0-2.dsc
- cd mldonkey-3.0.0/
- To create the debian package (the one you're looking for):
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

Same steps can be used to compile mldonkey 2.9.5.

You have to make sure that you have all the build-dependencies installed.

Cheers,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~dogguy