Re: ocamlfind and ocamldestdir

Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :

On 07-02-2009, Guillaume Yziquel <guillaume.yziquel@citycable.ch> wrote:

ocamlfind install -destdir /home/yziquel/src/pgocaml/deb/ocaml-pgocaml-1.1/debian/libpgocaml-ocaml-dev//usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.2 pgocaml META pgocaml.a pgocaml.cma pgocaml.cmxa pGOCaml.cm[ix] pa_pgsql.cmo
ocamlfind: Bad configuration: Cannot mkdir /home/yziquel/src/pgocaml/deb/ocaml-pgocaml-1.1/debian/libpgocaml-ocaml-dev//usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.2/pgocaml because a path component does not exist or is not a directory
This seems weird to me, since I do not see a similar complaint, or a similar folder being created when I run debuild -i -us -uc -b on the inotify package.

You must create this directory yourself (or ask dh to do it). This is
the meaning of @OCamlStdlibDir@ in debian/libinotify-ocaml-dev.dirs.in
(which get replaced when running some CDBS target).

I could have done that manually, but I tried to keep the layout as consistent as possible with the one done for inotify, which did not incoporate such a manual creation of directories.

The issue came from the clean:: double-colon targets, for which the order is relevant. The order of the includes on the webpage

http://pkg-ocaml-maint.alioth.debian.org/ocaml_packaging_policy.html/a502.html

is not the same as the one use in inotify.

cf. my reply to Mehdi Dogguy.

Regards,
Guillaume Yziquel.