Re: conversion to git

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 17:19, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> I agree with you. Appart from the complexity that git induces, I still don't
> see at all the benefits of using a distributed CVS for simple source trees
> like packages.

>From my own developer perspective on simple source trees (mainly one
trunk branch, nearly one developer), speed of DVCS tools is very
convenient. All functions are nearly immediate. And it is very very
easy to make a new branch, just to test some risky changes. I prefer
Mercurial to GIT but both share those features.

Of course, you still have a learning curve. I have never used GIT but
for Mercurial and especially on simple trees, you only need to learn a
few commands which are at the top of all tutorials (checkout, commit,
log, diff, clone, push and pull).

Sincerely yours,
david