Re: debian ocaml packaging policy :: findlib->site-lib

> >> Can you please explain why you think it should be written in the debian
> >> ocaml policy?
> >
> > For example, to search the configuration of debian findlib I have
> > searched for the build script of the ocaml packages, and felt there :
> > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/?rev=0&sc=0
> > where I do not see any findlib.
> > So I felt in the position to download a .deb and open it with ar x.
> > Writing it in the policy would simplify the life of foreigners.
>
> Does Findlib.search_path, meta_directory et al solve your issue ? I
> don't see what need "ar x" . Findlib is pretty well built and give
> access through its library to most of its variables.

Hi Sylvain,

(blue_prawn@localhost ~)% ocaml -I +site-lib/findlib/ findlib.cma
        Objective Caml version 3.10.2

# Findlib.search_path () ;;
- : string list = ["/usr/lib/ocaml/site-lib"]

Remember, I am a Mandriva user, not a Debian user.

So as it was not written in the policy if debian's findlib uses
   `ocamlc -where`/site-lib/somelib/
OR
   `ocamlc -where`/somelib/

I had to download a .deb archieve and open it to get my answer.

--
Regards,
Florent