Re: Policy, location of .cma files in binary packages, and dynlink...

On 22-01-2008, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> --5vNYLRcllDrimb99
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 09:37:01AM +0100, Samuel Mimram wrote:
>> > Yes in principle, but why we need a new empty package? Can't we just add
>> > the provides to ocaml-base-nox? It won't be possible for any bytecode
>> > OCaml program to use bytecode objects without that package, so why
>> > looking for a new one?
>> I agree with you but we should also think of native dynlinking, which
>> shouldn't require ocaml-base...
>
> Good point, I agree that for that we would need a new empty package
> then.

If we go for it, we should create an empty package ocaml-abi which
provide ocaml-abi-X.XX. If we create an empty package with the version
number, i think we will go into the NEW queue everytime we upload a new
version of OCaml... (maybe i am wrong)

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall