Re: Policy, location of .cma files in binary packages, and dynlink...

Hi,

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Comments?

Just a small but important point about dependencies: I guess that cma
are not ABI compatible between two different versions of OCaml. This
means that there should be a way to specify in the dependencies that the
cma was compiled with such version of OCaml. Unfortunately, bytecode
programs don't always depend on ocaml-base-nox-N.NN (when compiled with
-custom for example) and there should be support for dynamic loading of
cmxa in native code in a foreseeable future.

So how do we enforce consistent dependencies?

The easiest way I see for now is to create an empty package
ocaml-abi-N.NN and make libraries and programs doing dynamic loading
depend on this package but this is quite intrusive and heavy. Does
anybody has a better idea?

Cheers,

Samuel.