Re: Policy, location of .cma files in binary packages, and dynlink...

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 10:12:41AM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> I must not be understanding this point. Isn't it sufficient that the
> .cma files are located under /usr/lib/ocaml/<version>/ ?
> What situation are you concerned about, specifically?

AFAIU that he is concerned with a bytecode program (linked in custom
mode) loading as plugins foo.cma from a given package. Then foo.cma gets
rebuild with a new ocaml and the loading get broken. That of course, to
manifest itself, would require that the path specified to load foo.cma
is given relative to the standard library directory, which I agree is
quite a corner case.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/