Re: ocaml 3.10.2 transition scheduled for next week

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:20:56AM +0200, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
>> I've written a wiki page with the process as I see it:
>>   http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/Transition3-10-2
>
> Thanks for this.
>
> I don't get why you mention that camlp5 will FTBFS with the new OCaml.
> It is simply a package which should not binNMUed but rather sourceful
> uploaded. The version Ralf prepared in experimental works just fine with
> 3.10.2.

I put this because it seemed similar to lablgtk2. And I planned this for
lablgtk2 because it has a dependency that can be binNMU'ed. But in the
specific case of camlp5 (it has no dependency), it can indeed be
uploaded in stage 2. I've updated the wiki accordingly.

Concerning lablgtk2, I thought putting dep-waits was out of our
jurisdiction, so what I've initially proposed was the easiest way I
could think of. If we can easily have dep-waits added to some packages,
then the new lablgtk2 should be uploaded with:
  lablgtk2 dep-wait liblablgl-ocaml-dev (>= 1.03-1+b2)

Actually, we could just manually remove lablgtk2 from the binNMU request
since we already know it will fail, and wait for lablgl to be rebuilt on
all archs before sourcefully uploading the new lablgtk2. Keep in mind
that other binNMU'ed packages depend on lablgtk2, but their own
dep-waits should do the trick.

AFAICT, all the packages have not been tried with OCaml 3.10.2, so we
might face similar problems with other packages.

> However, but this is not related to the point above, we should better
> wait for OCaml 3.10.2 to have been built on all archs before sourcefully
> uploading camlp5 (and other packages in the very same condition).

This is the implicit condition between stage 1 and 2 :-)

--
Stéphane