Re: why and ergo

Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 18:00:33 +0100, Samuel Mimram wrote:
>> Unfortunately, I found out that ergo is under the CeCILL license which
>> is not DFSG-free if I remember well (am I wrong?).
>
> cecill is gpl-compatible.

They claim so but it is not necessarily the case. In particular I think
that the choice of venue is not DFSG free:

 Article 13  - GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION

13.1 The Agreement is governed by French law. The Parties agree to
endeavor to seek an amicable solution to any disagreements or disputes
that may arise during the performance of the Agreement.

13.2 Failing an amicable solution within two (2) months as from their
occurrence, and unless emergency proceedings are necessary, the
disagreements or disputes shall be referred to the Paris Courts having
jurisdiction, by the more diligent Party.

Anyway, I'll ask on debian-legal.

Cheers,

Samuel.