Re: migration of OCaml 3.10 into testing

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:30:16PM +1100, skaller wrote:
Felix causes problems for the simple reason it actually
runs regression tests as part of the build. If people
actually tested the code built, I suspect quite a few
more packages would be found to be broken.

You suspect, but we are not sure about that. Go, test code, and file
appropriate bug reports.  However, right now we need to remove felix to
let a huge bunch of ocaml related packages enter testing. We won't wait
just for felix.
Having tried to debug this problem in the past, I am 99% confident it is in the OCaml backend. Regardless, since upstream has already announced they won't be supporting these architectures in the future, there is no point in keeping them around unless someone steps up to maintain them (with intimate details of those archs)

Besides, you had a lot of time to discuss this with the felix
maintainer, and you have been pinged several times on this mailing list.
Sorry, but if we are at this point, it's your fault.

I should have re-assigned the bug sooner, my fault. There's nothing else John should really have done.

-m