Re: migration of OCaml 3.10 into testing

Hello,

On 05-11-2007, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> --vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd
>
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:30:16PM +1100, skaller wrote:
>> Felix causes problems for the simple reason it actually
>> runs regression tests as part of the build. If people
>> actually tested the code built, I suspect quite a few
>> more packages would be found to be broken.
>
> You suspect, but we are not sure about that. Go, test code, and file
> appropriate bug reports.  However, right now we need to remove felix to
> let a huge bunch of ocaml related packages enter testing. We won't wait
> just for felix.
>
> Besides, you had a lot of time to discuss this with the felix
> maintainer, and you have been pinged several times on this mailing list.
> Sorry, but if we are at this point, it's your fault.

OCaml package has been modified to drop ia64, arm and alpha from native
compilers. This version has not been released yet, and should fix the
felix problem.

However, i think we should not upload it before transition. If dropping
felix is enough, we should go for it. Once ocaml will have migrate to
testing, we should upload the new version with a reduced set of native
arches. It is a big changes and should be done only after the migration.

FYI, i drop these arches because of these bugs:
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3952
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3908
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3077
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3822
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3912

Julien Cristau and Samuel Mimram suggest me to drop arm and alpha (i
want to only drop ia64 at the beginning).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall