Re: [Pkg-ocaml-maint-commits] r4587 - in /trunk/packages/lablgtk/trunk/debian: changelog liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev.install.in

2007/9/28, Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 06:39:43PM -0000, smimram@users.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> >> Don't install *.o files.
> >
> > Uhm, is this the right solution?
> > I mean, are you sure those *.o files are not needed for linking of
> > native code applications? AFAICT in principle this is not necessarily
> > the case. But maybe you've checked ..., I'm asking just to be sure.
>
> Actually those files were not installed previously and nobody complained
> up to now... I've added them since I saw that they weren't installed and
> thought it might be useful since they are installed by lablgtk.

There are severall .a, and normaly those .a contain The .o, so we
don't need the .o (You might want to verify that all .o is in a .a.
on my box :
for i in $(dpkg -L liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev  | grep \\.a$ ); do ar t $i; done | wc
tell me that 109 file are in those .a