Re: [Pkg-ocaml-maint-commits] r4587 - in /trunk/packages/lablgtk/trunk/debian: changelog liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev.install.in

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 06:39:43PM -0000, smimram@users.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> Don't install *.o files.

Uhm, is this the right solution?
I mean, are you sure those *.o files are not needed for linking of
native code applications? AFAICT in principle this is not necessarily
the case. But maybe you've checked ..., I'm asking just to be sure.

The build failure is probably due to the fact that starting from
debhelper compatibility level dh_install fails if some glob expression
expands to nothing, I've been bitten by this myself. I solved the
problem with more broad glob patterns, like *.[ao] instead of separates
*.a and *.o.

Thanks anyhow for the quick feedback,